Meal-Prepping for the Week
School has started and hubby also started working in a proper office and had to bring lunch and snack to work everyday. It is quite a challenge having no household help to work with me prepare food for in the morning. They had to leave before 7 in the morning and their food for school and work plus breakfast has to be ready by 6am.
This requires me to prepare ahead of time, probably over the weekend, Sunday nights most preferably so the food is still as fresh as much as possible.
To make it a little bit more difficult, processed food isn't allowed in school, pastries are allowed though, only once a week. So no easy to cook hotdogs, or ham, and sausages. Don't get me wrong, I love this, I love how the school has a strict healthy food policy. This practice radiates into the entire household and it sort of "forces" us, (in a good way of course) to do the same. I'm not really a big fruit eater, but now, my day doesn't go by without eating some.
Part of meal preparing is planning ahead. I make a list of what to prepare and what to buy (and I try my best to stick to it), days before the week starts. Here is my menu for the kids' snacks next week.
One of the takeaways I have from meal prepping is saving a lot of time and money. Canteen food may cost us about P150 a day and by doing this, helps us save about P5000 a month.
The menu I have for this week only costs us about P500.00, with a lot of left overs from the ingredients that I can use for the following week. :)
And my shopping list? Here.
There may be some ingredients I need not on the shopping list because I still have some stocks in the pantry. I always opt for the simplest food to prepare with few ingredients. It makes it easier and healthier for everyone in the family.



Comments
Post a Comment