Mommy on a Diet: Ginataang Langka with Pork
I have about 2 months to go before my cousin gets married and I'm still far from my target waistline. Admittedly we have been eating unhealthy lately, eating out because it was the twinnies' birthday. Now I'm back to my regular programming, eating more veggies and fruits since.. uhm yesterday. hehe
Today I wanted so much to eat ginataang langka with pork, it has been awhile since I last had some, well maybe about 15 years. I remember buying it across the streets from our neighbor who sells some viadnt in front of her house for lunch and dinner. I made mine spicier than hers because hubby would probably want it that way. He's just no fan of veggies... oh but wait! Jackfruit is NOT a vegetable!
Today I wanted so much to eat ginataang langka with pork, it has been awhile since I last had some, well maybe about 15 years. I remember buying it across the streets from our neighbor who sells some viadnt in front of her house for lunch and dinner. I made mine spicier than hers because hubby would probably want it that way. He's just no fan of veggies... oh but wait! Jackfruit is NOT a vegetable!
Based on the calorie counter it's only about 270 calories per serving. I only had a cup of cauliflower rice topped with a cup of the dish. I'm really happy with how it turned out. And there's another plus, it's Paleo friendly.
Ginataang Langka with Pork
Ingredients
- 500 grams unripe jackfruit, chopped
- 200 grams pork, cubed
- 1 box of store bought coconut cream
- 4 pieces chili pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
Instructions
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan.
- Sauté the onion and garlic.
- Add the pork. Cook until medium brown.
- Pour the coconut cream in the pan. Add water. Let boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add water if needed.
- Add the ground black pepper, chili, and fish sauce. Stir.
- Add the jackfruit. Stir and cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Serve.
Source: Panlasang Pinoy with a little tweak (based on my taste buds).

Comments
Post a Comment