Party Theme: Secret Life of Pets
In less than two weeks the twinnies will be celebrating their party in school with their schoolmates. Since there's less than 20 kids this year, it will be easier for me to prepare. I'm also doing the preparations earlier this time around because their birthday falls on a Monday and I cannot afford to let anything slip from my memory.
They have been addicted to the movie "The Secret Life of Pets" for quite sometime now so we're picking that for this year's theme and here's what's on my preparation list:
1. The Secret Life of Pets Cake
2. Food for sixteen 2-5 year old kids.
3. Food for the mommies, guardians and teachers.
4. Party favors for 14 kids.
5. Invitations.
2. Food for sixteen 2-5 year old kids.
3. Food for the mommies, guardians and teachers.
4. Party favors for 14 kids.
5. Invitations.
These are the concepts that I stole from the internet (credits to the owner and whoever made them). The first one is a cute small cake that's suitable for the twins. The party will be for only 30 minutes, and they just need a cake to stick two candles on and blow it after everyone sings the birthday song. I have asked a friend of mine to bake the cake for me, and she's really good. Check her out here: Yumyaco.
I like the three tiered one too, it's so colorful and attractive! The cake of Max on the other hand is so amazing and can be heartbreaking to slice and eat. How do you stick a knife into that with those eyes looking at you? If you're into baking visit this link, to find out how to do the Max cake by Ann Reardon.
The invitations too are done, I got ideas from the web (again) and photoshopped the characters in along with the details of the party. I'm happy I got a new printer last week, the old one wasn't printing the right colors, and it came just in time for the twinnies' party. I used a glossy photo paper for the invites and made a couple of designs:
The party favors are a bit tricky. The original plan was to give play doughs but that's been given before by one of the celebrants (it made the twins really happy, my kids loooooove Play-doh!), and there's no Secret Life of Pets party favors available at toy stores. The small toy figurines are so expensive at about 200 per pack. I wanted to give gold fishes, but some parents might not be happy about their kids bringing home something to clean and feed. Hubby and I finally decided on bubble makers and personalised chocolates for the kids and adults.





Comments
Post a Comment