How to Get an NBI Clearance in QC







The 26thAFAD Defense and Sporting Arms Show will be held at the Megatrade Hall next month, July 12-16 and as usual, there will be a PNP Caravan wherein one can process the LTOPF and PTFCOR. My target would be to complete other requirements such as NBI and Police clearance then upload them online. I would then go to the first day of the caravan for the Neuro-Psych exam. 



So yes, one of the requirements is an NBI Clearance. Based on past experiences, it isn't much of a breeze to get one. With my name being so common, I got hits and I had to wait. But this time around my experience is much different.


1. ONLINE REGISTRATION, BOOKING, AND PAYMENT



The first step is to register online: https://clearance.nbi.gov.ph, book a schedule and pay via internet banking. I paid P130 using my bank account. I wanted a morning schedule and the earliest available date is June 6 which I immediately took. Note that I made the online booking on June 2. So give it around a week or two. 



Save your reference number and the appointment schedule on your phone via screen capture or print it out although it isn't necessary. Just make sure you have a record of it on a piece of paper or a picture on your mobile phone. For wa walkthrough on how to get your NBI Clearance appointment, click here.






2. PROCEED TO THE OFFICE ON YOUR APPOINTMENT DATE.




On my appointment date, I Arrived at the Quezon City Hall at around 8:35am. There were no parking slots available so I drove around for almost an hour until I managed to squeeze in my wife’s sub-compact hatchback near the covered walkway with the approval of a parking attendant of course.



The NBI Satellite office has been moved to the new building near Kalayaan. According to the security guard, they re-located September last year. There was a queue near the entrance and only 8 people at a time were allowed to enter. I was able to get in within 5 minutes. 




3. PROCEED TO THE RECEPTIONIST AND PRESENT YOUR REFERENCE NUMBER WITH THE APPOINTMENT SCHEDULE.



As soon as I got in, I approached the receptionist and showed the screen capture on my phone bearing the reference number and appointment schedule.



She, in turn, gave me a piece of paper to write reference number on. I was also asked to prepare an ID. Since I already paid online, the officer gave me a queue number outright. Otherwise, you have to line up and pay for the clearance first before being given a number.




I got number 422. There was another officer calling up the numbers and 282 was up. I was surprised how quickly the numbers were being called. The process is far more efficient this time around. 


There were two officers controlling the flow like where people should sit and which window to go to. Front most seats for the first two rows are reserved for those who are yet going to pay for their application. The new center is also sufficiently air-conditioned unlike the old place.


4. WAIT FOR YOUR NUMBER TO BE CALLED AND PROCEED TO THE WINDOW.


My number got called at exactly 10:12 am and went to the window I was told to go to. Everything was done at the said window :

Verification of Information
Photo Taking
Finger Scanning

There was no need for any window hopping which is still a common practice in most government offices. You know, Window 1, wait then on to Window 2, more waiting then on to God knows how many windows more.

As expected, my name got a hit and was instructed to come back on June 18. The officer said “sir may hit. Balik ka dito sa 18”. I was not surprised by the hit. I’m used to it since I got a very common first and last name but what surprised me was I no longer need to go the NBI main office to do the further verification. I just need to show up here, at the very same office after a couple of weeks!




I will update this post right after the release of my NBI Clearance on the 18th. I'll also be filling you in on how to get your Police Clearance soon! Stay tuned!
SaveSave

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Bring Your Kids in QC: Playgrounds in Trinoma

May Pag-Ibig Ka Ba? Get 5% off from McDonald's

How to Create a Virtual Pag-IBIG Account Online (2026 Guide) — Just Your ID, Email, and Phone!